The 10th Annual Toronto Festival of Clowns
Call for Submissions: Full-Length and Micro-Plays
From June 10 to June 14, 2015, the world’s best
Clown and Physical Theatre performers will take over
Toronto’s Historic Factory Theatre
ABOUT THE TFOC
The Toronto Festival of Clowns brings together clowns and physical theatre artists of all disciplines and backgrounds and provide a common space to showcase their work. Now entering our 10th year, the festival is growing as we continue to encourage the risk and exploration of the clown, hosting new and established works that inspire and delight.
Past festivals have hosted top practitioners from Canada, the USA and Europe, including Ravi Jain, Amy Lee and Heather Marie Annis (Morro and Jasp), John Turner (Mump and Smoot), David Craig (Napalm the Magnificent), Deanna Fleysher (Butt Kapinski), Eric Davis (Red Bastard), Adam Paolozza, Keystone Theatre, Helen Donnelly, Mark Andrada, Chris Gibbs, Melissa D’Agostino, The Naked Empire Bouffon, Jan Henderson, Anand Rajaram, Rachelle Elie, Allan Turner, Leah Cherniak, Christel Bartelse, Jeff Krahn, Theatre Smith Gilmour, Christian Laurin, Sandra Battaglini, Jeff Kraun, Phil Luzi, Rick Roberts, Mysterion the Mind Reader… to name but a few.
APPLY FOR THE TFOC
Currently, we are looking for Full-Length productions with a maximum show length of 60 minutes AND 15-minute Micro-Plays to be a part of our Triple-Bill-Series. All forms and styles of clowning and physical theatre are encouraged to apply – Red nose, mask, bouffon, character pieces, burlesque, acrobatics, puppetry, et al. Please note that the festival is designed for adult audiences and does not feature children’s shows.
For information on last year’s festival, check out www.torontofestivalofclowns.com
HOW TO APPLY
Your application should include the following:
- Primary contact name, phone, snail and email addresses
- The title of your piece, playwright, genre and running time
- Performer/company names and bios
- Short description of piece – 50 words or less
- Letter of intent, artist statement (maximum 3 pages)
- Support materials. Whether a work in development or a production ready piece, help us visualize your show. Send production photos and/or video and audio clips. Send hard copies by mail or digitally to email@example.com
- Technical or other special requirements (we may be able to accommodate with enough notice)
- 2 cheques/money orders payable to Canada Clown:
a) a non-refundable $30 CDN administration fee
b) Full-Length Show Production Fee ($250 CDN); OR Micro-Play Production Fee ($50 CDN) – To be cashed ONLY if your show is accepted into the Festival. If your show is not accepted, the cheque will be destroyed
Monday January 12, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
On or before January 23 you will be contacted regarding your application status.
SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO
Toronto Festival of Clowns
720 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON, M5S 2R5
WHAT YOU GET
- 3 performance over the duration of the festival
- 3 hour tech time scheduled the week of the festival
- Full-Length Shows will play in the Theatre Mainspace (200 seat capacity) and Micro-Plays will play in the Studio Theatre (100 seat capacity)
- Basic festival lighting and sound capability
- 2 lighting specials per company
- One tech operator
- A green room
- Blanket festival publicity
- 90% percent of the ticket money sold for your show. Single tickets are $15.
- Note that you must provide your own stage manager
If you have any questions please feel free to email:
We look forward to hearing from you!
Adam Lazarus and Dave McKay